Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

So a few weeks ago we went to the pumpkin patch. As most of you probably know this is something we always did with my Dad. We decided to go to one of my Dad's favorite Pumpkin Patches this year. As hard as it is to continue on traditions, we know we have to for the kids. And to keep the memory of my Dad alive.

So, we went to Fir Point Farms in the middle of the week. We hadn't thought about the fact that because it wasn't a weekend a lot of the attractions would be closed. However, those that they can't necessarily close were free! And there were NO LINES! Woo Hoo! We thought about going to a different one down the road, but the kids were having so much fun we decided to stay. It was nice to not deal with crowds and kinda let the kids stray a little farther than we would have been able to otherwise. It was a beautiful fall day. My Dad would have loved it.

As we were taking some last pictures of Grandma Sheri with all the kids, Gage kept trying to run off to go "make Grandpa Fred". We were all confused as to what he was talking about, but when we were done he ran off and started kicking up dirt. Everybody kept telling him to stop, until he said, "But look. I'm making Grandpa Fred." Gage has his own way of dealing with this and I love that he wanted to feel that Grandpa was there with us. I know I could feel him there.

Grandma sheri and her grandbabies.



My little family. Unfortunately, Seth had to work.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I LOVE the family picture!